Hello,

Note: not maintaining lintian's website, but I'm the admin having
removed the dns entry and shut the web server down.

Otto Kekäläinen <o...@debian.org> wrote on 26/09/2023 at 07:28:06+0200:

> The page above links to two bug reports but I can't find any actual
> information about *why* the site https://lintian.debian.org/ was shut
> down?

TL;DR, Felix Lechner was maintaining lintian and its website, in
particular a new interface for which he was asking DSA to do a lot of
work with little to no visibility the maintainability of his proposed
work on the long run.

After his DPL campaign in 2022, he decided to drop most of his Debian
activities, and Lucas took over regarding a web presentation of lintian
issues/tags a package has and decided to do it through UDD. You can find
some intel here[0] and there[1] about Lucas' motivations to close
lintian.d.o.

> The site
> https://udd.debian.org/lintian-tag.cgi?tag=wrong-name-for-upstream-changelog
> only lists packages with the issue, while the old site had full
> explanations of the issue and felt quite friendly and easy to consume
> (non-CSS styled version still visible in Google cache, eg.
> https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:AKmDGNJEIaAJ:https://lintian.debian.org/tags/wrong-name-for-upstream-changelog).

While I admit that I was not aware that the description of the tags has
not been ported, and would probably have suggested to Lucas that such
portage should be done before dropping the old site, now that it's done,
we won't rollback.

Regarding the 301 redirection I'll see with the interested parties (DSA
and Lintian maintainers) if this option is fine with everyone.

--
PEB

[0] https://lists.debian.org/debian-qa/2022/12/msg00038.html
[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-qa/2023/04/msg00000.html