>     This means that you deleted a mwm conffile
> /etc/X11/mwm/system.mwmrc-menu, or you never installed lesstif-bin.  If
> you touch that file, the error will go away.

        I have lesstif-bin installed and I didn't delete
/etc/X11/mwm/system.mwmrc-menu .  Some broken package may have deleted ,
but I didn't .   Looks like two things are broken, whatever deleted or
didn't install that file, and update-menus for not working when it's
missing.

John Lapeyre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>