On Wed, Apr 15, 1998 at 03:02:32PM -0700, Joey Hess wrote:
> Raul Miller wrote:
> > David A. van Leeuwen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > Even ctrl-alt-del doesn't work in XFree86.
> >
> > ctrl-alt-del should be made to work.
>
> Um, please, NO!
>
> I've several times been very glad ctrl-alt-del did not work in X. You see,
> my main server is often in X, another computer here isn't, and I typically
> get the keyboards confused and breath a huge sigh of relief when I realize X
> ignored the ctrl-alt-del.

With all due respect, this seems more like a matter of local
configuration on your part rather than what the standard for Debian
should be.  If we have decided that we want ctrl-alt-del to take the
system down, then it should do it consistantly.

Speaking of systems going down, anyone heard more than what is on
Bugtraq about the supposed modified syndrop thing?

Ciao,

        Debian GNU/Linux - www.debian.org