Luca Boccassi <bl...@debian.org> writes:
> Richard Lewis <richard.lewis.deb...@googlemail.com> wrote:

>> - tmux stores sockets in /tmp/tmux-$UID
>> - I think screen might use /tmp/screens

>> I suppose if you detached for a long time you might find yourself
>> unable to reattach.

>> I think you can change the location of these.

> And those are useful only as long as screen/tmux are still running,
> right (I don't really use either that much)? If so, a flock is the right
> solution for these

Also, using /tmp as a path for those sockets was always a questionable
decision.  I believe current versions of screen use /run/screen, which is
a more reasonable location.  Using a per-user directory would be even
better, although I think screen intentionally supports shared screens
between users (which is a somewhat terrifying feature from a security
standpoint, but that's a different argument).

--
Russ Allbery (r...@debian.org)              <https://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>