On Tue, May 07, 2024 at 04:24:06PM +0300, Hakan Bayındır wrote:
> Consider a long running task, which will take days or weeks (which is the
> norm in simulation and science domains in general). System emitted a warning
> after three days, that it'll delete my files in three days. My job won't be
> finished, and I'll be losing three days of work unless I catch that warning.

Then it will be high time you learn not to abuse /tmp that way and
work in your (or your services) home/data directory.

Problem easily avoided. plus you don't need to make /tmp 20 TB because you
have lots of data. ;)

I'm a bit surprised how many people seem to really rely on data in /tmp
to survive for weeks or even months. I wonder if they backup /tmp?

--
cheers,
        Holger

 ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
 ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  holger@(debian|reproducible-builds|layer-acht).org
 ⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀  OpenPGP: B8BF54137B09D35CF026FE9D 091AB856069AAA1C
 ⠈⠳⣄

(Stalin commenting the worlds reaction on Covid 19.)