Hello,

On 2024-05-10 17:35, Nilesh Patra wrote:
On Fri, May 10, 2024 at 04:06:15PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
Lintian is important for me. For the past few months, I have been reviewing and
merging MRs and pushing small fixes of my own. I am not a proficient perl
programmer and hence I am not the best person to be doing so. But then, nobody
else was doing it and I decided to do at least a little bit.

Lintian is important to me likewise. It taught me a lot when I was learning to package, and today it is still an indispensable tool for me, helping to avoid rookie mistakes, typos and other mistakes.

If someone would like to dedicatedly contribute sometime there, it'd be really
great. The package is not in a very good shape right now.

Do you mean bugs on bugs.d.o, or are there other issues?

I personally feel motivated to implement new features in lintian or go after low hanging fruits, but I am somewhat driven away by the need to understand lintian's internals. Is there a documentation on the data/control flow, or class diagrams? This would help me a lot.

Best,
Andrius