Am Samstag, 11. Mai 2024, 10:21:55 CEST schrieb Aditya Garg:
> Hello
>
> I wanted to create a custom ISO of Debian, with the following
> customisations:
>
> 1. I want to add a custom kernel that supports my Hardware.
> 2. I want to add my own Apt repo which hosts various software packages to
> support my hardware.
>
> I am not able to get any good documentation for the same. Please help.

Hi Aditya,

mayebe you want to take a look at bootcdwrite. I have good experience made
with bootcdwrite. Using this, you can create a boootable live iso with all
your persoanl settings (including ~/home/* and users, including all personal
settings.).

This ISO can be installed, too. Just bootr it, and you can install it from the
live system.

The ISO can be greater than 4,7GB, so it can be installen on an USB-stick.

For myself, i am using it for creating KALI-Linux (with all my settings,
modules, exploits, settings etc. etc. etc. etc.). This ISO is about 30GB big
and is an exact image of my installed system.

Doing so, I can boot it whereever I wan and have everything available.

If you want to do the same, just a hint: If your installed system resides on
encrypted devices, you have to notice some special settings, otherwise it will
not boot. Fell free, to ask for it.

Hope this helps.

Oh yes, another way is, just to create a livesystem with filesystem.squashfs.
Then edit the filesystem.squashfs (it can be unpacked, edited and hen
repacked). This is a little bit fiddly, but very versatile.

Last but not least, I believe (but here I am not sure)ยท you may build your own
standard debian installer ISO and put in your own package versions (if this is
what you want, then preferly ask the installer-crew - they know much better
than me, because I never used an own build Debian-installer-ISO).

Have fun!

Best

Hans