Goswin von Brederlow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Further I think it would be good if one could say "use bar if supported"
> in an environment variable or conffile. For example the user might want
> to use parallel building with 2 cores if the package supports it. But if
> the package does not then there should be no error.

The existing DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS mechanism already supports exactly these
semantics for the parallel=N option, so as long as we don't break what we
already have working, this should continue to behave appropriately and we
can add additional options for similar cases.

--
Russ Allbery ([EMAIL PROTECTED])               <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>