Hi,

Am 19.06.23 um 23:19 schrieb Adrian Bunk:
On Sun, Jun 18, 2023 at 09:31:05AM +0200, Rene Engelhard wrote:
I won't be of much help here unfortunately, except
maybe testing patches, but then again there's porterboxes
You are the only one who could realistically debug many of these.

E.g. on armel it says:
   Fatal exception: Signal 6
   Stack:
   /<<PKGBUILDDIR>>/instdir/program/libuno_sal.so.3(+0x3c2e4)[0xb6ec32e4]
   /<<PKGBUILDDIR>>/instdir/program/libuno_sal.so.3(+0x3c534)[0xb6ec3534]
   /lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/libc.so.6(__default_rt_sa_restorer+0x0)[0xb6ad58f0]
   /lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/libc.so.6(+0x7f47c)[0xb6b1e47c]
   /lib/arm-linux-gnueabi/libc.so.6(gsignal+0x14)[0xb6ad4360]
   Aborted (core dumped)

Fixing something like this would involve generating a backtrace,
and then you are likely the only person in Debian who could tell
what is actually going on there.

Not really.

There are likely also build or debug tricks you know that a porter would
not know.

True, I can help with those if needed.

(As I already pointed out for zelenka, though it's basically setting some variables in rules)

Debugging something like this is only feasible with reasonable effort if
a porter who knows the port with its caveats debugs it together with a
package maintainer who knows the internals of the package.

I didn't say I was not helping, I said I am of no help if it comes to actually fix it if it involves architecture knowledge.

[...]

For such a complex package I would expect 32bit breakage in every
release if upstream no longer tests on 32bit.
Indeed, though at least for 32bit *build* issues they keep fixing them if I report them.
The pragmatic option would be to run only a smoketest for build success
on architectures not tested by upstream.

And have Format->Character in Impress crash with Bus error like on mipsel? That doesn't sound too good for basic quality.

There is a "smoketest" but it does just basic start. open, close stuff. Not even basic usage.

Regards,

Rene