Hi,

Am 18.06.23 um 21:28 schrieb Rob Landley:
Of course I mean "getting those architectures removed from unstable"
*for libreoffice*.
This is the same GPLv3 package that Red Hat just dropped support for?
GPLv3 doesn't have anything to do with this here.
https://lwn.net/Articles/933525/
Indeed.
When gcc switched to GPLv3 llvm appeared. When Samba switched to GPLv3 Apple
wrote their own and Linux grew the ksmbd in-kernel server.

Three years ago Samba maintainer Jeremy Allison lamented that "Both GPLv3 and
the AGPL have been rejected soundly by most developers" and talked about how he
regretted the move and the damage it had done to the project,
https://archive.org/details/copyleftconf2020-allison

Can we please talk about the actual issue at and - that is not the license.

That is the tests being broken on anything except amd64 and arm64.

How long has the problem you're treating as a crisis been brewing?

Far too long, as I said it was swept under the carpet for too long.

Regards,

Rene