Hello Mike!

On Sat, 2023-07-29 at 16:40 +1200, Mike Hosken wrote:
> I have a rx2660 ia64 machine, I’m wanting to install Debian on and have run
> into
> some issues. The Debian 12 ia64 installation disk won’t boot. I get to grub
> and
> choose install, it starts to boot and then the system reboots. Choosing expert
> mode causes the same issue. Thinking it might be hardware I tried the earlier
> install cd and managed to install successfully but unfortunately the system
> breaks
> trying to update to the latest Sid version. I’m thinking it might be kernel
> parameters.

Please provide us with links to the exact image that you tested. Some
architectures are
broken on certain images and "latest" is ambiguous in this context as some
users refer
to the snapshot folder while others point to the release version folders
(although, there
aren't releases in Debian Ports!).

Also, boot the kernel in verbose mode (remove "quiet" from the GRUB command
line) and
post the kernel error message on the mailing list.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
: :' :  Debian Developer