Hi Mike,

On 29.07.23 10:01, Mike Hosken wrote:
Hi Frank, Adrian and anyone else,

I've tried everything you suggested and had no luck unfortunately.

I removed the quiet from the boot options with your suggested changes
and got this output. Not being a kernel person but with google I
managed to find that Adrian has come across this exact issue and with
this kernel.

I therefore suspect that the issue is with the install cd. I did
notice an updated debian-installer with a later kernel available on
the ports cd image site. Is this issue fixed with
kernel-image-6.3.0-1-itanium-di 6.3.7-1 ia64

It is fixed with 6.3.0-0 (6.3.2 to be exact, see [this thread] for details).

[this thread]: https://lists.debian.org/debian-ia64/2023/05/msg00010.html

and would it be possible
to get an updated iso produced ?

Just to be sure:

You managed to get a working installation with an older than the latest
installer ISO?

Would it then be possible to start anew and than just install a newer
kernel image from snapshot.debian.org before actually upgrading the
remaining OS, e.g. this one:

https://snapshot.debian.org/archive/debian-ports/20230703T174302Z/pool-ia64/main/l/linux/linux-image-6.3.0-2-mckinley_6.3.11-1_ia64.deb

...or maybe even this one:

https://snapshot.debian.org/archive/debian-ports/20230703T174302Z/pool-ia64/main/l/linux/linux-image-6.4.0-0-mckinley_6.4.1-1~exp1_ia64.deb