Hi all,

On 27.09.23 19:17, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
On Wed, 2023-09-27 at 17:14 +0000, thetas.college.work wrote:
Someone wanted to be maintainer for the IA64 port of Linux kernel.
Apologies for not using send all for last email.

I saw that email but I'm afraid I'm not in the position to decide over
the fate of ia64 support in the kernel.

I'd like to interpret the silence on the kernel lists as consent, hehe. :-)

While it's great that someone is willing to take care of the kernel port,
we're still in the situation that the toolchain on ia64 is unmaintained
and has many issues.

@Adrian:
Say, wasn't that the case for how many years now? And was this not the
case when you, Jason and Jessica reinstated the ia64 port of Debian?

Similar for Linux, where there was no maintainer for ia64 since early
2021 IIRC.

Cheers,
Frank