Hi!

On Tue, 2023-10-31 at 10:52:40 +0100, Guillem Jover wrote:
> I guess I could do it the other way, and given this is apparently
> causing issues as reported by Adrian, and as seen recently from
> the referenced bug report which might require patching a specific
> package to disable PIE there, I'm inclined to completely mask PIE
> in dpkg-buildflags for alpha and ia64 in around a couple of weeks,
> if I don't hear anything.

I've now queued locally a commit masking this for alpha and ia64 and
will be including it in dpkg 1.22.2, probably by the end of the weekend.
To the porters, please let me know if you'd prefer these not to be
masked.

> If PIE (via specs files) appears to work on x32, and changing the
> defaults in gcc is too much to bother, I think leaving it as is looks
> fine by me. But if this is causing problems as well and the x32 porters
> (if there's any remaining :), want to mask it alongside the other ports,
> let me know and I can also flip the switch for that one.

If the porters would also like to see x32 masked, let me know and I
can also include it, otherwise I'll leave it as it is now.

Thanks,
Guillem