On Fri, Nov 24, 2023 at 01:53:04AM +0100, Guillem Jover wrote:
> Hi!

Hi Guillem!

Apologies for not replying to these emails earlier.

> On Tue, 2023-10-31 at 10:52:40 +0100, Guillem Jover wrote:
> > If PIE (via specs files) appears to work on x32, and changing the
> > defaults in gcc is too much to bother, I think leaving it as is looks
> > fine by me. But if this is causing problems as well and the x32 porters
> > (if there's any remaining :), want to mask it alongside the other ports,
> > let me know and I can also flip the switch for that one.
>
> If the porters would also like to see x32 masked, let me know and I
> can also include it, otherwise I'll leave it as it is now.

AFAIK for all ports architectures except Hurd and hppa the other Adrian
is a porter, so should be able to ACK it.

As I already wrote in [1] there is architecture other than alpha/ia64/x32
where the pie specs did actually enable PIE.

On m68k and sh4 the specs might still be passed and cause FTBFS in
packages like gluegen2 that pass LDFLAGS to ld, but there is no
PIE enabling effect.

> Thanks,
> Guillem

cu