On Thu, Nov 18, 1999 at 14:36:56 -0800, Joey Hess wrote:
> The Debian mutt package also continues to ignore the wishes of mutt's
> upstream authors, who do belive mutt contains crypto hooks, and who only
> make the version available from outside the US for that reason.

Mutt's current primary upstream developer, Thomas Roessler, is in .de;
Michael Elkins (mutt's original author, based in .us) is no longer an active
developer.

Thomas is a Debian user; I have seen no indication he's against the current
mutt in main.

Ray
--
Tevens ben ik van mening dat Nederland overdekt dient te worden.