On Friday, Aug 29, 2003, at 16:14 US/Eastern, Mathieu Roy wrote:

If you edit the GNU Manifesto and redistribute under the same name,
without telling clearly you modified it and what you modified, you
distribute a text which may be taken as someone's opinion while it's no
longer the case.

I don't think anyone here says that misrepresentation is OK. In fact, its illegal.

I don't ask to be able to modify the GNU Manifesto and still call it the GNU Manifesto. I ask to be able to modify the GNU Manifesto and call it the "Anthony DeRobertis Manifesto" or somesuch.

The right question is not "Should I be able to change this document,
which carries an imprimatur from a trademark?" but "Should I be able
to derive works from this work?" or "Should I be able to use this
neat thing in making my own thing?"

I think that when you read the GNU Manifesto and follow it's spirit,
you're already "using this neat thing (an idea) making your own thing
(a software)".

... and? Don't dodge the question.

I was speaking about enhancing Cicero itself.

I can't do that. He's dead. And, "himself."