On Fri, 2004-04-30 at 04:48 -0700, Hans Reiser wrote:

> Putting Stallman's (or FSF's) work in the non-free section of your
> distribution is the lack of respect and gratitude that I speak of.

No, that would be nothing to do with respect or gratitude; but a simple
licence problem.  We require that the licences of all software in our
main distribution meet certain standards of freedom, the GFDL at this
time sadly doesn't.

It's nothing personal; we fully respect Richard's wishes to prevent
modification of important GNU philosophy and licence his documentation
to ensure this.

We respect him. so are obeying his wishes in the only way our Social
Contract allows us to do ... rather than disobeying his wishes.

Likewise I'm sure most of us respect your wish to prevent the removal of
your attributes, and we will obey those wishes in the only way our
Social Contract allows us to do.

Scott
--
Have you ever, ever felt like this?