Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au>
> On Thu, Mar 16, 2006 at 03:39:46PM +0100, Henning Makholm wrote:
> > I think that this very thread is an attempt to construct some
> > reasonably self-consistent interpretations that we can ask the
> > developers to decide between.
>
> The developers have already decided. Surely you can see there's a major
> problem with debian-legal if it doesn't actually know what Debian's
> position on a major licensing matter is, even directly after a GR...

We know the conclusion. We don't know key parts of the interpretation
and that seems to trouble some contributors. The position statement
text approved is not as complete as your proposal. People can try to
extrapolate it, and they can ask to verify that extrapolation. The
alternative is further arguments here about the view of the project
based on little more than guesswork.

Voter fatigue seems to be a worry, but it seems the developers should
have amended the options to cover minority worries explicitly if they
didn't want to vote on this again, to either accommodate or rebut those
views definitively. I think at least one clarification GR will probably
get enough seconds to hold another vote.

--
MJR/slef