On Mon, Mar 20, 2006 at 03:50:54AM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> Adam McKenna <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > What's the difference?
>
> One has 'or' and the other has 'and'.
> Your lack of attention to detail is troubling.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious with an obtuse, glib comment.  I can see
you're interested in having an intelligent discussion.

The point was, if you're making copies for yourself, you only need to follow
the license terms with regard to yourself.  Whether the license says "or" or
"and" in this case is irrelevant.

> > of copying).  It says that you can't try to prevent the people you give
> > copies to from making further copies.
>
> No, the licence requires you 'not use technical measures to obstruct
> or control the reading or further copying of the copies you make or
> distribute.' It does not limit this to the people to whom you give
> copies.

But if you haven't given the copies to anyone, you can't be trying to
obstruct or control the reading or further copying done by anyone except
yourself.

I understand what you're trying to say, but it's wrong.  You are insisting
on a basically insane literal interpretation of the license.

--Adam
--
Adam McKenna  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>