On 3/19/06, Mark Rafn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On 3/17/06, Glenn Maynard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> It would be extremely unfortunate for Debian to change its standards of
> >> freedom to merely "distributable by Debian".
>
> On Sat, 18 Mar 2006, Raul Miller wrote:
> > Your suggestion is a red herring. The GFDL makes no mention of Debian.
>
> No red herring.

Ok, then a straw man -- a "counter argument" which
makes up the argument which it is refuting, instead of
addressing what was really said.

> It would be extremely unfortunate for Debian to change
> its standards of freedom to merely "distributable".  Freedom to modify and
> NOT distribute (or selectively distribute) are core freedoms IMO, though
> the FSF seems to disagree.

I'm not disputing any of this.

Instead, I was suggesting that license provisions which have
nothing to do with the distribution of software (which is
what Debian is involved in), and which are not difficult to deal
with, are not things we need to care much about.

--
Raul