This one time, at band camp, Walter Landry said:
> Stephen Gran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > This one time, at band camp, MJ Ray said:
> > > John Goerzen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> asked:
> > >
> > > Accepted but unpopular.
> >
> > This is untrue..  The DFSG endorses it without reservation.
>
> It is true that the DFSG endorses it without reservation.  The DFSG
> was written in 1997 and specifically mentions the BSD license, while
> the advertising clause was not removed until 1999.
>
> However, it is still unpopular for many good reasons.

I understand that many people are unhappy with the advertising clause.
I just think that when a list is asked a question in it's capacity as
arbiters of licenses for Debian, it is unhelpful to the OP to respond
with an answer based on personal feelings that conflict with what is so
clearly laid out in the DFSG.
|  : :' :                                        [EMAIL PROTECTED] |