This one time, at band camp, Ben Finney said:
> Marco d'Itri <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > Still, the DFSG does not addrss patents. This means that there is no
> > point in arguing that patent restrictions violate thit.
>
> The DFSG doesn't talk about any particular branch of law. It talks
> about "the rights attached to the program" and other such phrases. To
> the extent that those rights are granted or restricted by holders of
> patents, the DFSG addresses patents.

The DFSG is concerned with the rights that the copyright holder extends
to us, and by extension, people using software in Debian.  This does
not, and can not, cover local patent laws.

Are you arguing that you would like Debian to remove every piece of
software that might potentially be covered by a patent in any jurisdiction
Debian distributes software to?  If so, please let me know what packages
are acceptable for distribution.  My bet is that they are countable in
single digits.  I leave it to you to research this, since it apparently
interests you.

If not, what are you arguing?
|  : :' :                                        [EMAIL PROTECTED] |