This one time, at band camp, Markus Laire said:
> On 8/31/06, Steve McIntyre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >Markus Laire writes:
> >>I used to believe that Debian only included legal, DFSG-free software
> >>in main, but "cdrtools" fiasco seems to prove that I was wrong.
> >
> >Ever since the issue in cdrtools was found, the Debian maintainers
> >have been trying to convince the awkward upstream developer to fix his
> >licensing. These things take time.
>
> So they've been doing this for 2 years, and have included
> non-DFSG-free cdrtools in main while doing so? They even shipped Sarge
> with this known non-DFSG-free package in main?
>
> IMHO cdrtools should've been removed from main while this process was
> underway.

Feel free to do some work on the problem, instead of just insulting
people and grandstanding.

> >In the end, those same maintainers
> >have given up on that as a lost cause and instead have started work on
> >a free cdrtools fork that will ship in etch instead of cdrtools.
>
> Do you have any link/source to support the claim that this will be
> fixed for etch?
> I havn't found any such information. Is there a public
> source-code-repository for this fork?

Have you looked?  It's been announced in several places.

> >Please don't start throwing around insulting terms like "hypocrisy" -
> >they're not going to gain you any friends, nor are they going to
> >encourage people to devote their valuable time to Free Software
> >projects.
>
> If my comments about "hypocrisy" are true, then I don't care about
> "friends" whom I might lost because of speaking the truth. Then it
> would also be appropriate for people to be discouraged from devoting
> their valuable time to "hypocritical" Free Software projects.
>
> If I was wrong, then I can only apologize and try to be more carefull
> in the future.

First, I guess you owe Steve and Eduard apologies.  Second, it's not
particularly helpful to tell people that are actually working on a
problem that they are hypocritical or just 'claiming' to work on
something.  If you feel that this is a problem, get involved and work
on it, instead of slinging mud at people.
|  : :' :                                        [EMAIL PROTECTED] |