This one time, at band camp, Marc Haber said:
> Let me understand this in Theory. Given the following link tree:
>
>               -------------
>               | program P |
>               -------------
>              /             \
>             /               \
> -------------               -------------
> | library L |               | library M |
> -------------               -------------
>                             -------------
>                             | OpenSSL   |
>
> If both M and P were GPL with OpenSSL exception, but L were GPL
> without OpenSSL exception, this linking would be a violation of L's
> license?`By virtue of P linking to M and L and M linking to OpenSSL?

I have been under the impression that the answer is no.  You're not
linking L to OpenSSL.  It could be argued that this was an attempt at
defeating the GPL if P was a thin shim layer between L and OpenSSL,
but I don't think anyone can reasonably argue that for our default MTA.
|  : :' :                                        [EMAIL PROTECTED] |