Florian Weimer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> * Florian Weimer:
>
> > Some packages (notably compilers) avoid cyclic build dependencies by
> > shipping some sort of pre-compiled blob in the source package.  This
> > blob is then used to compile the package.
> >
> > Does this fullfil the requirement that packages in main must be built
> > from source code?
>
> Is there really no interest in this topic?

Are you sure there's a requirement that packages must *be built* from
source code? Do you have a reference for that?

I only recall a requirement that the corresponding source code must,
when compiled, result in the binary package. I don't know whether that
helps with this particular Gordian knot.

--
 \      “I have a large seashell collection, which I keep scattered on |
  `\    the beaches all over the world. Maybe you've seen it.” —Steven |