"Giacomo A. Catenazzi" <c...@debian.org> writes:

> === FLTK License, May 2001 ===
>                              FLTK License
>                          Ammended May 4, 2001
>
> The following ammendments to the GNU Library General Public
> License apply for the FLTK library:
>
>     1. Modifications to the FLTK configure script, config
>        header file, and makefiles by themselves to support
>        a specific platform do not constitute a modified or
>        derived work.

Do the copyright holders get to declare what is or is not a derived
work? I would expect that to be a matter of law, not to be defined in
the license terms.

>        The authors do request that such modifications be
>        contributed to the FLTK project - send all
>        contributions to "fltk-b...@fltk.org".

It's explicitly a request, so this doesn't impose an additional
restriction. Good.

>     2. Widgets that are subclassed from FLTK widgets do not
>        constitute a derived work.

Ditto for re-defining the copyright law term “derived work”.

>     3. Static linking of applications and widgets to the
>        FLTK library does not constitute a derived work
>        and does not require the author to provide source
>        code for the application or widget, use the shared
>        FLTK libraries, or link their applications or
>        widgets against a user version of FLTK.

Ditto for re-defining the copyright law term “derived work”.

>        If the author links the application or widget to a
>        modified version of FLTK, then the changes to FLTK
>        must be provided under the terms in sections 1, 2,
>        and 4.

Limiting the scope of the additional permission. Fine.

>     4. Authors that develop applications and widgets that
>        use FLTK must include the following statement in
>        their user documentation:
>
>            [program/widget] is based in part on the work of
>            the FLTK project (http://www.fltk.org).

Imposing an additional restriction on top of what the LGPL requires,
AFAICT. If so, this clause makes the work non-free.

> === FLTK License, December 2001 ===
>
>                              FLTK License
>                            December 11, 2001

It seems that the above comments also apply to these terms.

--
 \              “My girlfriend said to me in bed last night, ‘You're a |
  `\   pervert’. I said, ‘That's a big word for a girl of nine’.” —Emo |