On 1 September 2012 16:36, Zoot Zoot <zootzootzootz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm a contributor with the Free Software game project 0 A.D. (package name:
> 0ad).
>
> We've recently found out that someone is selling copies of our game on eBay.
> Since the game is Free Software, we naturally have nothing against someone
> charging a fee for distributing it. Instead, our concern is that this
> particular vendor does so in a misleading manner, without stating that the
> game is a development version, full of bugs and missing many of the features
> listed on the vendor's page, and that it can be acquired free of cost
> online. We are worried that this behavior may lead to dissatisfied buyers
> and ultimately damage the reputation of our project.

In the eBay listings I saw, this was posted at the bottom:

"Note All products provided on disc are either under a public domain
licence or we hold a copyright permission or licence to distriubte the
software. This item does not infringe any copyright, trade mark or any
other rights or any of eBay's listing policies or spam policies. Items
contained on this CD are under the terms of the GNU License, the GNU
Lesser General Public Licences (LPGL) or the Mozilla Public Licence"

As long as they make the source code available to those who ask, I
fail to see what they're doing wrong legally or ethically.

Jeremy