Charles Plessy <ple...@debian.org> writes:
> If it were me, I would give the benefit of the doubt to the upstream
> author of missfits, and trust him that if he added a GPLv3+ header, it
> is because he modified the files, as he says in the README.

When I adopted the first package from this author (sextractor), I asked
him per E-mail about this subdirectory -- more since a newer version of
the library in question (wcslib) is already in Debian, and I wanted to
avoid using a convienience copy. He convinced me then that his version
is slightly changed and therefore not just linkable with the original.

I didn't ask for his other packages (missfits, scamp, swarp, psfex; some
of them are already in Debian, others are now in NEW), but since they
all follow the same structure, I am quite sure that his arguments are
valid there as well.

> In that case, the license to be indicated in debian/copyright should
> be GPLv3+.

I re-uploaded the package with a (hopefully) clarifying comment in
debian/copyright; let's see how he decides now.

Best regards

Ole