Ben Finney writes ("Re: licensed under GPL-2 but need to accept license
dialog"):
> Ian Jackson <ijack...@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:
> > But the requirement for a click-through can and should be removed.
>
> Whether a particular “build an installer” toolkit has the option to
> present a license text, without giving the impression that active
> acknowledgement is a condition of the license, is something to discuss
> with the developers of such toolkits.
>
> Of course, the installer toolkit for a work in Debian also needs to be
> free software (doesn't it?),

It needs to be in main, even, of course.

> so if the toolkit doesn't have that capacity, someone can add it and
> hopefully contribute that improvement upstream for benefit of future
> works.

I'm not aware of any such "installer toolkits" in Debian that like to
ask user confirmation of licences.

I think that the OP's case, like all the rest that we will encouter,
is a case of what might be termed memetic contamination.

Someone with a different background to us saw that lots of the
programs they use have these click-through licences, and concluded
that they were necessary, or at least, the best or proper thing to do.

Gently raising their awareness level is probably the right approach.

Ian.