Lev Lamberov <dogs...@debian.org> writes:

> while working on migration of swi-prolog package to machine-readable
> copyright file I've stuck with two licenses, so asking for an advise on
> how to specify these licenses (I mean what to choose as their short
> names). I was not able to identify them or find in SPDX Open License
> List.

Thank you for showing the full license text for discussion.

I think it's best to choose unique names for these unique license texts,
because they are not clearly identical to any other.

They may be effectively the same as some other well-known license text,
but that is not immediately obvious and I think you should choose a name
that does not claim identity with any other license text.

As another action, you might contact the copyright holders and ask them
to choose instead a well-known free-software license text with
thoroughly stidued effects, such as the Expat license; they would then
need to make a new release specifying that exact license text.

--
 \     “Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather |
  `\                                             straps.” —Emo Philips |