Hi all,

I am currently packaging wsjtx[1][2] for re-inclusion in Debian.

In the code there is a binary - JPLEPH[3], which looks to be a compiled
version of JPL Planetary Ephemeris[4]. Inspecting the binary, I assume
the tool used was asc2eph, so I'm assuming it's the v405 ascii
ephemerides files that were used. I'm contacting the upstream author to
clarify this. Ideally I'd like to upload the source and build this file
as part of the package build process.

What I'm here to clarify is that I can't see a license for the ascii
files - I'm not sure if this fileset is something that anyone in
debian-legal have come across, or have any advice on what license they
may have been released under? I can't see anything on the JPL FTP server
outside of the CD Notes from the original release [5]. The contact
detailed on them worked at JPL 21 years ago, and I don't reckon the
email address is still active.

Any advice or suggestions you can offer would be greatly received!

Thanks,

Hibby

[1] http://www.physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/
[2] https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/wsjtx
[3]
https://salsa.debian.org/debian-hamradio-team/wsjtx/tree/master/contrib/Ephemeris
[4] https://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/?planet_eph_export
[5] ftp://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/pub/eph/planets/CDROM.notes