Le 19/07/2019 à 19:56, Aron Reman a écrit :
Hi,

Thank you for the response. I just wanted some clarification. Under the Debian license, I do not have to release source code as long as I am writing my source code on top of the existing system correct? As in, I

I think yes, note Debian has no license itself, it is a distribution of free software. Debian also can distribute non-free softwar, even if it is not supported officially (out of the main repo). Finally, not releasing your code is not a sufficient reason to make it not free. It is not if you do not give it to your users.

am writing C/C++ code and running it on a Debian OS, which will be on my product that is going to be sold commercially. It is my understanding that under these conditions, I do not need to make my source code public.

Yes I think. Now just decide about he freedoms with your license, regardless its publicity

Regards

Thanks,

Aron