Dear Antoine,

> It was pointed out to me that TimescaleDB has a "open core" model and
> it's actually possible to build an "apache-2.0-only" version of the
> program.

Yup, it looks like all files in the tsl/ directory are governed by the
proprietary license, and can be excluded from builds:

https://github.com/timescale/timescaledb/blob/3c56d3ecebbf476293ff43ded142bc9e5087f6de/tsl/src/init.c#L64

Clearly some checks to make sure this 'APACHE-ONLY' flag actually
works would be useful for Debian's purposes! :)

Thanks for taking a look at this, Antoine. They could have been a bit
clearer in describing their 'open core' model, since it must have
confused quite a few would-be distro packagers by now!

Best wishes,

Sebastian