Jeroen van Wolffelaar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> It crapped out near the end, the whole things is quite fragile anyway,
> so instead I've been playing today with some totally alternative
> approach of having a site like lintian.d.o, but then for potentially
> unlimited amount of type of checks, lintian and non-lintian. You can see
> results of lintian coming in to /org/qa.debian.org/rebuildtesting/pool
> (the 'rebuildtesting' name is legacy, it's wrong, but I didn't come up
> with a nice new name yet) on merkel, but there isn't a good web
> interface yet (or one at all). For lintian, it's probably for now
> easiest to actually reconstruct the lintian.log file from the current
> 'pool'.

> Bonus is that it can do unstable & testing both, and across all archs,
> instead of just i386. Especially nice and important for checks like the
> one that checks for 'built-with-broken-debhelper'. It also makes it much
> much easier to run in parallel scripts with a svn checkout of lintian.

This sounds great.  This is the new approach that lets it work from an
archive pulse as well?

> I'll announce to -qa later tonight a bit about the status of this, it's
> work in progress, but it's long overdue.

Let me know if there's anything in particular I can help with.  Faster
lintian.debian.org results and a way to gather other checks into the same
interface both sound fantastic, particularly given all those [external]
wont-fix bugs against lintian that often look like good candidates for
other tools that work in different ways than lintian does.

> Probably a good idea to have some decent registration, perhaps via
> usertags and stuff, not sure how to do so exactly... I'm myself not
> really going to get involved in that in the near future, but am
> definitely interested on the medium term :).

Maybe I'll write something up if I get a chance.  I have some policy stuff
I want to do first, though.

--
Russ Allbery ([EMAIL PROTECTED])               <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>