Jeroen van Wolffelaar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Get one way or the other with the db/lintian.index files and the files
> in pool and possibly parts of bin/genlist a lintian.log out of this
> framework :). If you can do this, I can probably quite easily get the
> lintian.log file quite easily into the html files on lintian.debian.org,
> but generating the lintian.log file is not really trivial.

I may well be missing something, as that seemed fairly straightforward,
so let me know what I didn't notice.  consolidate-lintian and lintian.log
in ~rra on merkel.

> You can fine the current format of lintian.log in
> /org/qa.debian.org/data/lintian.log , and
> $lintian/reporting/html_reports takes that file... and other information
> too. Maybe some totally new code to generate lintian reports would be
> better... one that's already generic enough to allow showing other type
> of results. It's a tradeoff between getting recent-lintian results
> publishable fastest, or doing it 'right' the first time around :).

> I'm interested in your thoughts on this.

I've been meaning to take a look at the report generation anyway, given
the couple of bugs that have been reported on it.  I'll look it over and
see if I get any brilliant ideas.  One thing I would like to see is a way
to get the info tags for a package, so in general it would probably be a
good idea to provide a way to see tags only at a particular level.

Eventually, I'd like to see lintian errors and possibly warnings
integrated with todo items on the QA package summary, but that can happen
later.

--
Russ Allbery ([EMAIL PROTECTED])               <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>