On Thu, 2019-06-20 at 23:17 +0000, John L. Males wrote:
> Lou,
>
> I cannot access any console if I choose the LiveCD image option.
>
> As I have indicated with Buster 10 Testing I cannot boot to the
> Live Image on either machine I have.  This means I cannot
> access the other TTY consoles.
>
> With Stretch 9.x I can boot to the Live Image on the two
> machines if I "play a dance" in what 9.x image I choose to
> use.  In all cases I can boot to all the other splash screen
> boot choices with Buster 10 Testing  and Stretch 9.x.
>
> I can boot to Live image with Lubuntu and Xubuntu 15.04,
> 16.04, 18.04, 19.04, Linux Mint, Knoppix and Debian 8 Jessie to
> name just a few with no problems/issues.  This strongly suggests
> to me that starting with Debian Stretch 9 and continuing with
> Debian Buster 10 that there not only has been a change in how
> the Live Image is created or configured.

Just to rule out one other possible source of problems:
How are you writing the live image to your USB media ?
Are you using standard linux utilities, or are you possibly downloading and/or
writing the USB stick from some other operating system ?  I have seen other
problems with installation/live media from this source.