Hi Debian-lts list,
CC to Debian User because most people probably will not read debian-lts as well.

I have one old Squeeze-lts system that is just running a DHCP server. Up until
the update a few minutes ago there was no problem.
I just did an apt-get update and apt-get upgrade, a few packages needed
updating, including the dhcp server.
A restart of the dhcp server failed due to a missing config file. That config
file has been in place for several years and is still there.

lola2:/etc/dhcp# ls
dhclient.conf  dhclient-enter-hooks.d  dhclient-exit-hooks.d  dhcpd.conf
dhcpd.conf.save  dhcpd.conf.save.1  dhcpd.conf.save.2

The bug seems to be that is-dhcp-server suddenly looks for the config file in
the wrong place.

lola2:~# service isc-dhcp-server start
dhcpd self-test failed. Please fix the config file.
The error was:
Internet Systems Consortium DHCP Server 4.1.1-P1
Copyright 2004-2010 Internet Systems Consortium.
All rights reserved.
For info, please visit https://www.isc.org/software/dhcp/
Can't open /etc/dhcpd.conf: No such file or directory
[...]

It looks in /etc and not in /etc/dhcp for the dhcpd.conf file. :-(

Copying the dhcpd.conf file to /etc and then starting the service solved the
problem for now but... that is not a permanent solution I would think.
lola2:/etc/dhcp# less dhcpd.conf
lola2:/etc/dhcp# cp dhcpd.conf ..
lola2:/etc/dhcp# service isc-dhcp-server start
Starting ISC DHCP server: dhcpd.
lola2:/etc/dhcp# service isc-dhcp-server status
Status of ISC DHCP server: dhcpd is running.

Please fix the package in Squeeze-lts so I can have the dhcpd.conf file in its
proper place.

Bonno Bloksma