Hi,

Am 22.01.2018 um 13:42 schrieb Lars Tangvald:
> Hi,
>
> First off, thanks for handling the 5.5.59 update for Wheezy. I had the
> security announcement date mixed up so picked it up too late, sorry.
>
> MySQL 5.5 is expected to be EOL in December (it was first released
> December 15, 2010, and we have 8 year security support), while Jessie
> LTS is until April 2020
> How are such cases handled? Will the source package be removed, or is it
> possible to have it upgraded to a more recent version?

These are both possible options but given the significance of MySQL we
would rather prefer to upgrade to a supported release provided this is
viable for Jessie.

> If an upgrade is possible, while we did a successful transition in
> Ubuntu from 5.5 to 5.7, there were significant changes from 5.6 to 5.7,
> requiring small changes to a lot of third-party packages as well as to
> the default server behavior, so 5.6 (which is supported until 2021)
> would be a better option.

I also think it makes sense to take a smaller step and upgrade from 5.5
to 5.6. Are there any known issues with 5.6 or can you share any
information about expected regressions with reverse-dependencies?

Regards,

Markus