Am 23.01.2018 um 11:41 schrieb Lars Tangvald:
> Hi,
>
> On 01/22/2018 04:35 PM, Markus Koschany wrote:
[...]
>> I also think it makes sense to take a smaller step and upgrade from 5.5
>> to 5.6. Are there any known issues with 5.6 or can you share any
>> information about expected regressions with reverse-dependencies?
> I can't find much of anything that has changed from 5.5 to 5.6 in terms
> of default behavior, except for NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION being the default
> sql_mode
> (https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/sql-mode.html#sqlmode_no_engine_substitution).
> I'll do some more digging, but I don't think there should be much impact
> on reverse-dependencies.
>
> Some options were removed
> https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/server-options.html (often
> renamed). We did see quite a few regressions of that type for users
> upgrading from 5.5 to 5.7, but almost all were because the default 5.5
> config in Ubuntu packaging contained options that were removed in 5.7.

What do you (and other on this list) think about the following plan: We
could introduce a mysql-5.6 package already at the start of Jessie LTS
in June, so that LTS users are able to test this new version without
having to switch from 5.5. Then in 2019, when the security support for
MySQL has ended, we perform an upgrade from 5.5 to 5.6. Is this a viable
plan and could both packages coexist?

Regards,

Markus