Hi Andreas,

Sorry for the delay in answering! I had some questions, but could not find
time to first explore them a bit.

The one is regarding cpp_functions.so file that is renamed for some reason
to cpp_functions.cpython-{version}-x86_64-linux-gnu.so during the build. I
have just found that it is possible to override dh_python3 with
--no-ext-rename option ("do not add magic tags nor multiarch tuples to
extension file names") (it was introduced after this issue [1]). What do
you think about it?

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=721696

On Sat, 8 Sep 2018 at 20:46 Andreas Tille <andr...@an3as.eu> wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 08, 2018 at 01:36:10PM +0200, Liubov Chuprikova wrote:
> > > In general I have no problem to skip tests in a
> > > package.  There can be different reasons for failing tests - sometimes
> > > the test itself is wrong.
> >
> > The tests itself are definitely correct.
> OK.

> > So if we know why a test fails excluding it
> > > is perfectly fine.
> >
> > I tried to take a closer look today. The problem is when building in a
> > clean chroot I get the following messages (many of them along with the
> > build):
> >
> > tput: No value for $TERM and no -T specified
>
> Tput is from package ncurses-bin.  If it needs $TERM set may be it helps
> to export xterm or vt100 in d/rules.  I've checked codesearch
>
>   https://codesearch.debian.net/search?q=file%3Adebian%2Frules+TERM

Wow, I did not know about this possibility to search through all the Debian
code!

and found something like

>     ifneq ($(filter $(TERM),$(KNOWN_TERM)),)
>
>     xsetenv("TERM", "dumb", 1);
>     xsetenv("TERM", "vt102", 1);
>     export TERM=linux
>
> The later three are from some version of util-linux (not the one in
> unstable any more)

Thanks a lot for these tips! After adding "export TERM=linux" to d/rules
the package builds without those warnings ("tput: No value for $TERM and no
-T specified") and

> Then, there are two
> > tests that run unicycler-runner.py with --help and check if stderr is
> equal
> > to 0, but in my case stderr becomes equal to the same message.

all the tests are passing without errors now. Do you still prefer to leave "||
true" condition in the override_dh_auto_test piece of code or it can be
removed? The problem is that in case some tests fail, the build proceedes
but PYBUILD_AFTER_TEST clean-up commands are skipped.

One more thing, could you clarify the commit [2]? As I see it even without
override_dh_auto_test the tests would still be run by dh_auto_test. I tried
to implement the setup that is necessary for the tests to pass through
pybuild-specific variables here [3] since I wasn't able to make it work
using override_dh_auto_test.

[2]
https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/unicycler/commit/bae0f302cfb7849c5229611b82c9b8aa8e80fc2f
[3]
https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/unicycler/commit/01c6541c861301a856a6e35db2e08d34411ae68b#8756c63497c8dc39f7773438edf53b220c773f67_6_8

Should I try to implement the same tests as autopkgtest suite? If so, I
will have to put all required scripts and test data into the same or a
separate .deb archive.

With regards,
Liubov