On Wed, 09 Jan 2019 22:42:43 +0200, Andreas Tille wrote: > The values of the structure are set in line 350 and are OK there.
What looks suspicious to me is that an unsigned long long value is assigned to struct members of type size_t. In the previous upstream release that worked, the return value of ffparse_ulong was used which was unsigned long. I doubt this is the culprit but may be something worth looking at. > I admit I fail to see why the code works under stretch with gcc 6.3 > but fails with gcc 8.2. If the code works with an old compiler but fails with a modern one, in 99.99% of the cases it's a bug in the code. These bugs are revealed due to new and more aggressive optimization techniques/algorithms that assume undefined behavior. IOW, the code was/is buggy by definition but you got away with it somehow. The remaining 0.01% is due to compiler bugs but I bet that's not the case here.