[2019-04-03 10:45] Mathieu Mirmont <m...@parad0x.org>
> Package: sponsorship-requests
> Severity: normal [important for RC bugs, wishlist for new packages]
>
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "socklog"
>
> * Package name    : socklog
>   Version         : 2.1.0-9
>   Upstream Author : Gerrit Pape <p...@smarden.org>
> * URL             : http://smarden.org/socklog
> * License         : BSD
>   Section         : admin
>
> It builds those binary packages:
>
>     socklog - system and kernel logging services (programs)
> socklog-run - system and kernel logging services
>
> To access further information about this package, please visit the
> following URL:
>
>   https://mentors.debian.net/package/socklog
>

> Alternatively, one can download the package with dget using this
> command:
>
>   dget -x
> https://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/s/socklog/socklog_2.1.0-9.dsc
>
> Changes since the last upload:
>
>   * Convert the package to debhelper (Closes: #857208)
>   * patches: Import previous patches
>   * patch: remove the chkshsgr test
>   * watch: add the uscan watch file
>   * socklog-run: migrate to dh-runit (Closes: #668718, #834089)
>   * gitlab-ci.yml: add GitLab CI file
>   * control: update the Vcs fields
>   * doc-base: register the html documentation
>   * lintian: add overrides

* Please, do not use ${runit:Conflicts}. As suggested by Lintian, it is
  very strong relations. Use ${runit:Breaks} only. The very
  introduction of ${runit:Conflicts} was my mistake. It will make
  Lintian override unneeded.

* Please, consider merging bin:socklog-run into bin:socklog. Option
  `since' for dh_runit will be useful for it.

* I know, it is pain, but there should be init.d script. You may want to
  take a look at bcron=0.11-8.

* Please, add description to 0002-import-patch-tryto. It is unclear,
  what issue this patch resolves.

* In patch 0003-remove-chkshgrp you remove test, that fails on CI. Does
  it also fails in sbuild? If not, probably it should only be disabled in
  Gitlab CI?

* It is matter of taste, but are you aware, that you can

        Build-Depends: debhelper-compat (= 12)

  and remove `debian/compat'?

* Dep-5 would be nice.

* What is the purpose of 'log' user, you create with dh_sysuser? You
  know, that bin:runit provides user `runit-log' since -20, don't you?

* All services run as same user, 'nobody'. It is unfortunate, since nobody is
  quite popular owner for NFS files.

  I believe there should be separate sysuser for socklog-* services.
  Ideally, separate sysuser for /every/ from socklog-* service, but I do
  not know, whehter it is possible.

* I believe, README file is useless -- it contains copyright, authorship
  and homepage information only, which is already present in Debian
  package files.
--
        Note, that I send and fetch email in batch, once every 24 hours.
                 If matter is urgent, try https://t.me/kaction