+++ Barry Warsaw [2014-02-28 16:42 -0500]:
> On Feb 28, 2014, at 10:52 AM, Mikhail Morfikov wrote:
>
> >I'm new to building packages by using pbuilder tool, and I have to build
> >a package multiple times before it builds successfully, or in the way
> >I prefer.
>
> This is one of the reasons why I prefer to use sbuild for most of my local
> builds.

I swapped from pbuilder to sbuild some years ago. sbuild integrates with
schroot in a really nice way. You can schroot in to the same chroots
that sbuild will use and stay in for multiple builds. I use tarball
chroots for clean builds which always revert to the initial state and
plain chroots for other general testing. This is how I normally deal
with mikhail's issue - develop in a plain chroot until I think things
are working then test with clean builds in a tarball or lvm chroot.

sbuild supports cross-building too which I find handy.

I must admit I'm surprised so many people still use pbuilder, although I
do agree that the syntax is a bit simpler for a 'standard upload' build.

Wookey
http://wookware.org/