* Wookey <woo...@wookware.org>, 2014-03-01, 15:28:
I still use cowbuilder because schroot doesn't support cowdancer for copy-on-write chroots and I found tarball mode in pbuilder to be way too slow.
I use sbuild (actually, schroot under the hood) with btrfs-snapshot chroots. Creating a new build environment really is a snap.

btrfs (and LVM) snapshots are great, but they only help if you have a btrfs or LVM volume to hand to work on.

sbuild supports also aufs chroots, which don't require any specific underlying fs, and are reasonably fast.

The only problem is that aufs is semi-unsupported in Debian. But I still trust it more than cowdancer…

--
Jakub Wilk