+++ Ferenc Wagner [2014-03-01 15:11 +0100]:
> Paul Wise <p...@debian.org> writes:
>
> > On Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 5:20 PM, Wookey wrote:
> >
> >> I must admit I'm surprised so many people still use pbuilder, although I
> >> do agree that the syntax is a bit simpler for a 'standard upload' build.
> >
> > I still use cowbuilder because schroot doesn't support cowdancer for
> > copy-on-write chroots and I found tarball mode in pbuilder to be way
> > too slow.
>
> I use sbuild (actually, schroot under the hood) with btrfs-snapshot
> chroots.  Creating a new build environment really is a snap.

btrfs (and LVM) snapshots are great, but they only help if you have a
btrfs or LVM volume to hand to work on.

cowbuilder has the significant advantage that it works on any filesystem.

In my experience the sbuild maintainer is very open to improvements and
is happy for people to integrate new features on git branches then ask
for a merge. (I had to learn git to do this for the cross-support - it
was painful!)

I would also make the comment that sbuild is very well written and
designed. So fixes usually only have to be done in one place. It's nice
to work with.

I have no idea how easy general cow support would be to add to
sbuild/schroot.

Wookey
http://wookware.org/