Hello Multimedia team,

is there a plan to add packages for fluidsynth version 2.0.x? (current version is 2.0.1)

In version 2.0.0 the API function fluid_player_seek() and related functions were added to libfluidsynth. This function is used by music players to start at a specific position in the score.

I'm interested in helping to fix problems with EasyABC on Linux. This is an application implemented in Python which currently uses gstreamer. https://sourceforge.net/projects/easyabc/ There is an unofficial Debian package available on http://abcplus.sourceforge.net/

Additionally there is work in progress to add fluidsynth support (or to replace gstreamer with fluidsynth) at https://github.com/jwdj/EasyABC

Unfortunately it currently requires a modified version of libfluidsynth which has been created by Willem Vree in 2016 to add seek support, see https://wim.vree.org/svgParse/testplayer.html. Using this modified binary library would make EasyABC depend on platform specific files.

The current version of fluidsynth contains a slightly modified version of the changes implemented by Willem Vree, but should be sufficient for EasyABC. I would prefer to have the new implementation in EasyABC based on a standard version of libfluidsynth2 and to use a packaged version if possible.

Best regards,
Bodo