Hello Felipe,

thanks for the hint.

Zitat von Felipe Sateler <fsate...@debian.org>:

I think the more relevant question is whether version 2.0.0 introduced any
backwards-incompatible change.

According to the documentation, version 2.0.0 introduced incompatible API changes, not only adding new functions.

If so, then it probably needs fixing in all
reverse dependencies before it can be updated.

For the binary library this can probably be handled by installing both libfluidsynth1 and libfluidsynth2 packages.

Is there a way to handle incompatible and conflicting libfluidsynth-dev versions? For example source package A build-depends on libfluidsynth-dev <2.0.0, source package B and build-depends on libfluidsynth-dev >= 2.0.0? Until now I didn't find information about this topic. Links to related documentation are welcome.

Or does this mean that all packages that build-depend on libfluidsynth-dev would have to be changed to use version >= 2.0.0?

Best regards,
Bodo