Jeremy Stanley <fu...@yuggoth.org> writes:

> I'm surprised, for example, by the absence of the ISC license given that
> not only ISC's software but much of that originating from the OpenBSD
> ecosystem uses it. My personal software projects also use the ISC
> license. Are you aggregating the "License:" field in copyright files
> too, or is it really simply a hard-coded list of matching patterns?

It's only a hard-coded list of matching patterns, and it doesn't match any
of the short licenses because historically I wasn't considering them (with
the exception of common-licenses references to the BSD license, which I
kind of would like to make an RC bug and clean up so that we could remove
the BSD license from common-licenses on the grounds that it's specific to
only the University of California and confuses people).  If we go with any
sort of threshold, the script will need serious improvements.

That was something else I wanted to ask: I've invested all of a couple of
hours in this script, and would be happy to throw it away in favor of
something that tries to do a more proper job of classifying the licenses
referenced in debian/copyright.  Has someone already done this (Jonas,
perhaps)?

--
Russ Allbery (r...@debian.org)              <https://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>