On Tuesday, July 22, 2003, at 09:02  AM, Michel Dänzer wrote:

On Tue, 2003-07-22 at 17:20, Frank Murphy wrote:

To those who wanted the logs, it was actually at /var/log/xdm.log
And, to those who are saying that it's unsupported, the 'real' X server
doesn't seem to support valkyrie video devices.

The Xpmac seems to only log to the display manager, not to the Xfree86
location.

I guess Xpmac doesn't write any log file at all and xdm just logs its
stdout/stderr.

But Xpmac is unsupported in Debian (which is why you had to compile
it yourself), so that means that valkyrie video devices are unsupported in
Debian.

Unsupported? The fbdev driver should work with it, at least with
valkyriefb.

But nobody can tell me how to get it to work.

But you might still get it to work. If you can, perhaps you could
make a package for others who might need it.

No, Xpmac was a hack that was supposed to die a long time ago. Compared
to the current XFree86 server, the list of its missing features and
added bugs must be truly horrifying.

--
Earthling Michel Dänzer \ Debian (powerpc), XFree86 and DRI developer Software libre enthusiast \ http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=daenzer